- 8 cups cubed watermelon (seedless), or 1 quart watermelon juice
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ cup sugar, or more to taste
- Lime slices, for garnish (optional)
- Place half of watermelon cubes in a blender and process until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve set over a large bowl; discard solids. Repeat with remaining watermelon cubes. You should end up with about 1 quart of watermelon juice.
- Add lime juice and sugar to watermelon juice, and stir until sugar has dissolved. Taste, and add more sugar if necessary. Transfer limeade to a nonreactive pitcher and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- Serve over ice in tumblers, with lime slices for garnish. Yield: 5 cups.