You can use any type of cucumber to make the salsa, but do make sure you scoop away and discard the seeds. If you like cucumbers, you'll find this a pleasant addition to your table. Here's how the salsa is made.
- 2 cups finely diced peeled cucumber
- ½ cup finely diced red onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 jalapeño (with seeds), finely diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mix first five ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir in lime juice and oil. Season to taste with kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, and more lime juice, if desired. Yield: 3 cups.